Saturday, June 27, 2020

covid notes 4

That second week in March, it became clear that shit was gonna go down. I look at my calendar, and it’s quiet. I attended the weekly Wednesday staff meeting that gets me out of my home office. I didn’t go to a gym. I still walked with some of the gals, but we were beginning to discuss whether we should be doing that. I had my last in-person therapy session.

The following Monday, March 16, Tim started working from home. We’ve been here together ever since.

4 comments:

  1. I was at a bar on March 15. Because of course I was. And the texts started coming in from schools and work and children (including my 11 year old: "I'm nervous but I'm happy to be off school for a while"). It was clear that March 17 was going to be our last day and that the 16th and 17th would be doomsday prep. At the time, I thought we'd be back in mid April. I had no idea the scope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went out with my visiting niece and her family into the main bar area on March 14. That was the day our first COVID alert level was introduced - when we were not supposed to hug (but we did, because we hadn't really registered the rules till we got home). We went out once more with friends, though we did go to the supermarket etc before our 25 March (I think) lockdown.

    16 March till now - that's a long time. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last time we went out was the last weekend in February. Dean started working from home March 16th, I think. He hates it. I kinda do too (his being here all the time) but I'd hate it more if he were going to work every day and possibly bringing it home.

    ReplyDelete