Sunday, August 9, 2020

covid notes 18

The last time my once-a-month-for-four-hours housekeeper came to my house was the same day I last went to my when-I-go-to-the-office gym: 22 weeks, 4 days ago (March 4). I have money set aside for her to be here one more time. We canceled in April because of her travel and COVID and she’s a bit immunocompromised. I said I’d call when this thing had passed, thinking it might be May. Then Tim lost his job, and I haven’t even attempted contact. I’m getting used to not having the help, but it was nice to know there would be clean surfaces once a month. When will hiring a cleaning person be safe again for all parties? And will I ever have enough money again to consider such a thing?

2 comments:

  1. Lots of questions with no real answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's better not to even ask questions like these. Because you've reminded me that I might never have a cleaner again. Argh!

    ReplyDelete