Sunday, June 28, 2020

covid notes 9

Then there have been the insurance-covered video adventures. I put off online therapy for several weeks because I just didn’t want to do it online. I also thought that surely we sit far enough apart that that would be one thing I could continue to do in person. But then I was informed that therapy was among the most dangerous of activities: the talking in an enclosed space across from each other. And so I gave in, to every other week online. I’m getting used to it. But those awkward party-Zoom pauses feel even more awkward in online therapy. They are happening less often.

And then there were Tim’s medical issues, the first of which needed more than audio.  

3 comments:

  1. My middle daughter has been zooming with her counselor once we realized she needed to keep seeing her! And it's gone actually really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awkward pauses are always awkward - on screen or in person. We shouldn't be afraid of them. But I always am! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two therapist friends who have been doing online therapy sessions. I might consider therapy if I could do it online and never meet my therapist.

    ReplyDelete