Sunday, June 28, 2020

covid notes 7

Things I have Zoomed: Weekly staff meetings. A couple of online-instead music events. Book group, once. Easter with Tim’s relatives. Yoga class. A five-week online course. A birthday gathering. A surprise birthday party. A birding lecture. A friend’s book-release poetry reading and interview with a former NPR correspondent. A house tour of a house I lived in as a volunteer (it’s being sold). A virtual tour of an assisted living facility. Meetings with you, hearing your voices at last, dear blog friends.

3 comments:

  1. Those last ones have been my favorites. I am going to write a list of my zooms as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sound very productive on Zoom! I haven't had that many zooms - but my highlights have been a 40th anniversary with my exchange student friends, the meetings with you guys, drinking bubbles with my friend on her birthday, two bookclub meetings, and an "Awesome Foursome" with three other friends, one of whom we last saw together back in the early 2000s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for work, I don't Zoom much. We Zoomed after Andrew's virtual graduation from Carnegie Mellon University. That was nice, but Clare didn't join us since it was really early on the west coast. I bought my friend who moved to Seattle an Alexa Show so we could "drop in" on each other easily -- she's not at all tech savvy and could not figure out Zoom and I don't have an Apple device to do Facetime. We've talked a couple of times -- usually Friday evening happy hours. My favorite Zooming has been with you guys.

    ReplyDelete