Tuesday, June 23, 2020

covid notes 2

The April 19 concert was the first to move, to August 1, my cousin’s wedding date, but I didn’t get the tickets refunded because what if the wedding was canceled? And if it was, would I go to a concert? I did nothing. The New Yorkers were smart and pushed their entire tour back a year, so May 2 became May 1. The Moth event I am treating my sister to fell next, from May 8 to October 6. It took another month before the concert she is treating me to* moved from June 19 to March 6 (our P.S. let’s-drive-to-Montreal-after plan doomed weeks before). The August 1 wedding got postponed, and I still have the tickets, and I figure I can stay with them as they keep chasing possibility, which just a few days ago shifted to September 10.

 

But if any of these events happen, will I even go?



*Pokey LaFarge, noted for Bridgett.

5 comments:

  1. Pokey LaFarge. Something in the Water. Cairo Illinois. Good stuff.

    Cancellations, though. I didn't see Bob Weir, and I may be running out of time. I don't even know if that's been rescheduled. More importantly, my sister was supposed to get married June 6 or something. Moved it to August 16 or something. Canceled that and now we're just, 20 of us, meeting in the park on July 7, a Tuesday, to witness and cheer her on and go back home. She is rolling with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd worry about Weir. Last year the Rolling Stones postponed their tour and I was SO worried, but it happened. My cousin is getting married August 1 anyway, close family only, and the event has been rescheduled to next July. Best wishes to your sister!

      Delete
    2. I saw Doc Watson on his last tour and I wouldn't trade that for anything right now. I hope I can see Weir sing Cassidy one more time.

      Delete
  2. " ...will I even go?" That would be the big question. I'm not sure I would unless things improve dramatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were supposed to see Dan Bern in May but I was secretly glad it didn't happen -- not sure why but nothing to do with covid. I think because I made a fool of myself the last time I saw him and was not ready to see him again so soon.

    ReplyDelete