Thursday, November 29, 2018

328/365/Place

That place with the angry Latin American had a fire escape at the end of the hall. I was on the third floor, and I have trouble with edges and seeing through stairs and stuff, so fire escapes make me nervous, but while I was there I made it a habit to use the fire escape to get over feeling that way, and by the end of my stay I was running up and down that thing like it was nothing. But it turns out those things don’t transfer for me. I only felt that way on that fire escape.

2 comments:

  1. Well, dammit. The power (and lack of logic) of the mind.

    I hate seeing through stairs too. Even the ones where the step is solid, but there's nothing linking it with the step above (if that makes sense?) and you can see through the gap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Interesting. I don't like seeing through stairs, but it's not nearly as bad as it could be.

    ReplyDelete