Tuesday, May 29, 2018

148/365/Food in 55/Guess What? Cocktails!

Stuart’s Strega Drink* 
1.5 ounces Finger Lakes Distilling Gerwurztraminer grappa
.5 ounces Strega
.5 ounces honey syrup (1 part water/1 part honey)
.75 ounces lemon juice
(shake, pour)
top with champagne
sprig of fresh thyme 

Pegu Club
1.5 ounces gin
.75 ounces curacao
1 teaspoon lime juice
dash bitters
dash orange bitters
Shake and strain.
  
*The Green Russell (Denver). Stuart was my bartender, and it was a situation in which he asked what kind of flavors I liked and he made something up on the spot (allegedly). Took me almost 2 years to procure the first ingredient, and then the distillery stopped producing it altogether. If Stuart had told me he was using grappa and Strega, I would have told him I didn’t think I’d like it. That’s when I love what bartenders do—balance flavors you wouldn’t necessarily like singly.

1 comment:

  1. I am wildly envious that you have a bartender to banter with, and one who makes custom cocktails.

    ReplyDelete