Thursday, May 24, 2018

143/365/Food in 55/College Staple: Bulgur and Black-eyed Peas

Sauté a cup of bulgur in some butter/oil. Add diced onion. Keep sautéing. Drain a can of black-eyed peas, reserving the liquid. Add water to the liquid to make a cup. Add the liquid, cover, stirring occasionally til done. Add the black-eyed peas and let them get warm. Top with soy sauce. Is this right?* 

*I made this at least once a week in college. But I don’t have it written down (thinking I could never forget it), and this could be all wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Compared to my endless mac n cheese, you were Julia freaking Child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black-eyed peas are not something I've ever really eaten. Maybe by accident in the US? Now I'm going to have to try and find some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you come up with that recipe, IB? Did it just come to you or did you read it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a housemate who made it, and he taught me. And I really need to try it again to see if I'm right!

      Delete