Thursday, August 13, 2020

covid notes 26

In April one of my* favorite authors died, suddenly, it seemed (not covid), as he’d told me he was better and had five years left, and I was devastated, and I pushed his article and his obituary through so that we could get them in the summer issue, but I cried a lot, because damn, I liked him, and then my BFF’s other BFF died of stage 4 pancreatic cancer (not covid), and that had been coming, but it’s so hard, she was so young, they’d raised their daughters together, and whenever I do yoga in my living room I see the lantern that she gave me when the two visited once, and I somehow finished style school the week that Tim was laid off, and Tim was laid off, and the next week, on a stormy day, we met with friends, all of us in our own vehicles, and we did a drive-by caravan surprise birthday party for another friend, with our big homemade signs, and dropped presents at the door, and that got me all teary, in fact, April was a very teary month, I see, looking back, but we did get outside some, because the birds were arriving, and I added eighteen species to my 2020 list.

 

*By my, I mean one whom I edit and publish.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry Indigo. It's hard enough dealing with one loss, so I can't imagine experiencing multiple ones in the same month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a rough few months. Glad for the birds though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. What they said. April was a tough enough month, without loss of friends and jobs and celebrations and togetherness when it was needed most.

    ReplyDelete