Sunday, August 9, 2020

covid notes 21

Tim started working from home March 16, right after schools were closed and visitor access restricted at long-term care facilities. Over the course of that week, Vermont closed bars and restaurants, childcare facilities, and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Nonessential elective surgery and medical procedures were suspended. Nonessential gatherings had to be 10 people or fewer. By the end of the week, close-contact businesses were closed and telecommuting was ordered when possible. The Stay Home, Stay Safe order was in full effect March 25 (19 weeks, 4 days ago) through May 15. State-of-emergency orders have been extended every month, with slow, gradual, and restricted reopenings. The current order runs through August 15.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what Maryland is doing, but they've opened restaurants for indoor dining. I'm certainly not ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. March 25 was the date of our lockdown too. Our campaign was "Stay Home. Save Lives." Subtle difference.

    I know I keep saying it, but I can't imagine still being in a form of lockdown. I send love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete