Monday, December 10, 2018

341/365/Happy Free-for-All

Our office holiday party included a lovely dinner out (there are just eight of us), then a rousing Secret Santa exchange. A couple of my co-workers added a twist: Wrap your gift and put it a brown paper bag. Each person opens one present. There’s a score card, on which you record who you think gave what to whom. The winner gets a gift card to a local eating establishment. I joked in advance that I’d likely get more points if I wrote down my to/from (2) but then guessed that each gift was for me (2 more). Turns out I was right, as I scored a mere 3 points. But as terrible as I was at it, I had to admit it was fun.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit myself that these sorts of games are often a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a nice holiday party. Too often, these are exercises in prolonged forced-t0-be-there-and-be-polite torture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ours is always in a museum in DC with free food and drinks. You'd think I would love it but I don't. Dean does though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A) I thought you worked from home. Do you have a whole secret life we don't know about?

    B) I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete