Sunday, September 30, 2018

265/365/Songs

I know almost nothing about music theory. I may think a song is in minor key, and maybe it isn’t. I think of almost all blues as being minor, but I could be wrong. A lot of traditional fiddle tunes are in minor keys. When I go contradancing,* there’s no doubt there’s more dancysexy energy when minor keys are played.

*There are shifts from minor to major keys within the piece and back again. Maybe helpful for understanding, maybe not. But when that fiddle gets going, it’s minor.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate all these posts to teach me about minor key! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major to minor is perfect for a change of mood. Minor is so beautiful on its own though. And flats. I prefer minor keys with flats rather than sharps.

    ReplyDelete